BP Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a Board of Directors you elect. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this Credit Union. We are required by law to explain how we collect, us and safeguard your personal and financial information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member service representative at 281.870.8000, toll-free at 888.907.1413.
In order to provide competitive products and services that meet your financial needs, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide services to us or additional financial products to you. If you prefer that we not disclose information about you to certain business, you may "opt out" of these disclosures. More specifically, you may direct us not to disclose information about you. This "opt out" will not apply to information sharing that is permitted or required by law, such as with consumer reporting agencies and collection agencies. Additionally, we may disclose all the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information provided to third parties.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
- Information from membership and loan applications, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, or companies with whom we work closely to provide financial products and services, such as account balances, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as creditworthiness and credit history.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provided on an application or other forms.
Parties that receive information from us (No Opt Out Option)
- Financial service providers, such as other credit unions, insurance companies and mortgage service companies.
- Non-financial companies, such as our data processors, credit bureaus, collection agencies and businesses that do mailings on our behalf.
- State and Federal officials when specifically required by law.
We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or to protect the security of our financial records.
Parties that receive information from us (Opt Out Option)
- Financial service providers, such as companies providing automobile promotional information.
- Non-financial companies, such as travel agencies and automobile dealerships.
- Other companies that provide consumer discount programs.
How to Opt Out or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
If you do not want BPFCU to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures (other than those permitted by law). If you do not want BPFCU to disclose information to nonaffiliated third parties, select one of the following:
- Call a member service representative at (281) 870-8000 or (888) 907-1413.
- Or e-mail us at email@example.com